The educational part of this course takes a turn from this week. Its not about the history and functioning of computers anymore but more about the effect of computers and their development on the lives of human beings. This was a different yet intriguing insight into computers.
I found it very interesting to learn how working for long hours affects a persons productivity. This very strongly correlates to student life where we often pull all-nighters and long hours of work just to deal with the immense pressure and quantity of work we get being U of T students. I initially thought that long hours might affect your productivity a bit but this week I learned that regularly doing that can lead to significant and serious damage to a persons productivity and more importantly health. It was great to learn that working 8 hours a day is optimal and that a significant amount of sleep and rest in crucial to good performance and productivity. Now I have proof for not pulling all-nighters or studying for a crazy number of hours. I was surprised to learn that prolonged sleeplessness affects motor skills and judgement.
My test 2 was pretty good. I found the programming part very easy and the history of computing part was not too hard either. You were good as long as you could connect a few of the concepts taught in class. I feel like practising the previous test was very helpful.
No comments:
Post a Comment