Wednesday, 4 December 2013

Week 12

Filtring lists was a new function taught in the course. I think it is a very useful function as one can now easily take out some particular parts of a list to make a new list. Initially it seemed a bit complicated because a predicate had to be made first to filter a list. But once I looked into designing the predicate properly and talked about it with professor Heap, things became much simpler and now I feel very confident about filtering lists. Because of this, my quiz was very good too.

The issue of privacy was further looked into during this week. I found the idea of protecting intellectual property, trade secrets and ideas through copyrights, patents and trademarks pretty interesting and important. I look to go into the biotechnology industry in the future so the concept of patents is crucial to me.

The idea of downloading music online applies to almost everyone these days and it was addressed during the lecture but what I found very surprising was that lock breakers are pursued by the government more strictly than sharers.

No comments:

Post a Comment