It was great to learn about operating systems, their origins and how they worked. They are very important to the functioning of computers today and are one of the milestones in computing history that separate old computer machines having very few functions and slowly running very few programs from the computers of today performing numerous functions and running various programs at the same time and at lightning speed.
My tutorial quiz went very well as usual because I find everything in this course very interesting, especially the programming part of dr racket. The introduction of the 'apply' function gives us more to play around with images and lists. It increases our ability to make more complicated functions and also widens the range of the functions we can code for. I think it is very useful to "apply beside" or "apply above" for a bunch of images together. Prof Heap also introduced us to recursive functions which are mind-blowing for me. I find it very interesting how it is possible to use the result from the last value in the function to produce the next result of the function.
Overall I feel pretty confident about the material covered this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment